If you want to raise your children following the Bible’s teachings, you have five key responsibilities, according to Frederick K.C. Price, head pastor of Crenshaw Christian Center, a ministry that includes television broadcasts, online videos and print publications.
Rev. Price wrote about the responsibilities of Christian parents in a recent issue of Ever Increasing Faith Magazine.
If you follow the Bible’s teachings on parenting, he wrote, “you’ll never fail as a parent.”
Here are the five responsibilities he highlighted:
- Teach your children about God. “That’s not talking about a Sunday religion,” Price said. “It’s talking about a way of life. It’s your duty to teach the Word when you’re sitting or walking around…when you go to bed and when you get up. That’s continuously!” And to teach it, you have to know it, so parents, he said, “It’s your responsibility to study God’s Word.
- Train your children. That might sound like teaching, Price said, but it’s more than that. “When you train, you make them do it!”
- Provide for your children. “You have a responsibility to provide for your children to the best of your ability, Price wrote. “And that doesn’t just mean just material needs “
- Love your children. Here, Price references Titus 2:4: That they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children.
- Learn to control your children. “That doesn’t mean to be a tyrant. It doesn’t mean you have to be an ogre. It simply means that you have control over your children,” the reverend said. He cites Timothy 3:4: One who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence.
To read the full article, you can download this issues of the magazine from the ministry’s website.